Wednesday, January 3, 2024

No more lists of @names

 

Click here for Exit the Cuckoo's Nest's posting standards and aims. 

Recently the question has been floated of whether those posts of @names I put out are spam. Such lists of names are a way of notifying people of a new post and have been used regularly by blogs I'm familiar with. However, at this point I've been wondering what use they are myself. This site is now a bit over a year old, and few of the people on the list are interested in commenting here, mostly, I'm guessing, because they wouldn't be caught dead rubbing shoulders with those who don't altogether share their politics, and those who do post here regularly would likely prefer to just put the site on their favorite site list. So unless there are objections, I'll stop sending those posts out. If people want to promote the site, they can do it by word of, um, keystroke.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus